Coming in on the Secret Cravings Publishing Just Desserts Blog Hop just a little late, but here goes. This is not my own recipe, but one for a classic and one of my all-time favorites, chocolate chip cookies!
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
3/4 cup shortening (butter flavor preferably)
1-1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat over to 375F.
2. Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
4. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
5. Combine flour, salt and baking soda and mix into creamed mixture until just blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (about 2 measuring tablespoons) of dough 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (cookies will appear moist - DO NOT OVERBAKE) or 11 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies.
9. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
ENJOY!!! Tomorrow I will be giving away a copy of my e-book TWIST OF FATE to a commenter; name will be drawn at random.